The Marketplace Terms
This page (The Marketplace Terms) is for those interested in becoming a potential store in our marketplace (“The Marketplace”).
This page will be updated as needed, please check back for updates as needed.
For more information about “The Marketplace” please see this page.
Cost of doing business at “The Marketplace”:
- We use Stripe as our exclusive credit card processor (online merchant). Stripe is free to create an account with and there are no annual dues or monthly maintenance fees. They are secure and trusted powering a vast majority of all e-commerce sites regardless of the platform those sites are based off of (WordPress, Shopify, etc.). They support millions of users! Stripe’s prices can be found here.
- We pass along the cost that we are charged for having an account with Stripe. Currently we charge you 2.9% of your sale (product only instead of product plus shipping) + .30 cents per item ordered. This fee is immediately sent to our Stripe account when your customer places and order with you and it is completed with Stripe.
- We charge a one time fee for activation of your store into “The Marketplace” at a rate of $5.00. No refunds will be allowed for this. This small fee to be here is used to help supplement our costly advertising fees to market shoppers to our website. This is by no means our entire marketing budget! We do not charge any annual dues to stay in “The Marketplace.” This fee is collected immediately upon approval of being accepted into “The Marketplace.”
- We charge a 5% fee for every sale you make thru “The Marketplace” regardless of the amount of the purchase made. We collect this as soon as the order is processed thru Stripe. This fee is used to help supplement our costly advertising fees to market shoppers to our website. This is by no means our entire marketing budget! This fee is immediately sent to our Stripe account when your customer places and order with you and it is completed with Stripe.
Why become a store in “The Marketplace”?
We all know there are other places you could put your store. You could pick from a number of different Marketplaces or even an online mall, but we believe we are your best choice!
- Less competition for your customer to choose from. We are new so we do not have hundreds of stores competing for a sale. This makes the shoppers selection of stores much simpler to choose from, thereby increasing your likelihood of making a sale.
- Lower cost to join. Only $5 bucks!
- No monthly fees. Others charge up to $20 dollars per month weather you make money or not!
- Lower cost of credit card processing. We do not mark up the cost so you keep more of the profits.
- Much lower percentage taken from your profits when you sell something. We are not greedy and simply use this money to promote this site which in turn can help make you money with your store.
- Quick setup of your store at “The Marketplace.” You can further customize as you choose to make it your own at any time.
- Almost everyone will be approved due to our lax rules for store approvals.
- Very few rules.
- “The Marketplace” is built on trusted software. We use an excellent web hosting company with round the clock support so if we have a problem it will be fixed quickly ensuring you do not have a problem. We have been using this same host since October 2017. Our website is a WordPress site. WordPress powers 30% of all websites in the world! Your shop will be using an enhanced WooCommerce store. WooCommerce is a plugin exclusively for WordPress and it powers 30% of all WordPress sites! Our exclusive credit card merchant is Stripe. WooCommerce is built to accept many credit card merchants including Stripe all without requiring additional plugins to slow down your store or our website.
Keep in mind that “The Marketplace” is coming soon and is not currently open.
We reserve to launch it when we feel it is ready.
For a comprehensive review of alternative places to put your store please see this page on our website.
This page was created 3/3/19 This page was last updated 3/3/19