Tips on Selling Online
We have all heard it, “if you want to make money you should sell online,”but how do you get started? To help you out this post will provide Tips on Selling Online.
- Figure out what you think will sell online.
- Determine where you can buy it from. Will it be from a drop shipper or the manufacturer or will you focus on close out items that you can buy cheap and sell for a quick profit? Perhaps you want to sell digital downloads instead of physical products thereby saving yourself a tremendous hassle in your day to day operations.
- If it will be from a drop shipper are you certain they are legit? Lot’s of companies claim to be, but are they? Be sure to do your research before getting involved with them.
- Find a good web host with a good shopping cart programming that is user friendly.
- Decide upon a credit card merchant to handle processing payments for you for your store.
- What will the cost of shipping be? Free shipping, flat rate shipping, weight based shipping.
- Who will be your shipper? Is it to be provided by the drop shipper or do you have to take it to a shipper yourself?
- Where are you willing to ship to?
- What shipping options will you offer to your customers? Ground shipping, 2nd day, overnight, etc?
- Before opening your store you will need to clearly define your shipping and returns policies. Once you have that hammered out make sure to post it on your website so any customers can quickly refer to this information.
Remember to review your policies and agreements with the businesses you use to sell online. Agreements may need to be amended or cancelled as needs change.